<$BlogRSDURL$>

Tuesday, March 30, 2004


The Onion --  


Not. This article explains that the hunt for WMD's will now include intent. I'm not kidding. They will search out the land trying to piece together a picture and they will want to know if Saddam in his heart of hearts intended to manufacture or otherwise purchase WMD's.

When I read the headline I thought it was a spoof; unfortunately it is not. The illogic of it all makes me cringe. Now that we can go to war (this means kill and be killed) over possible intentions, I think daily life could get extremely complicated. You could be arrested from Sprawl-Mart on the possible intention of shoplifting. You could be failed from a class if you thought about copying an essay or fact from the internet without properly citing it. I think having access to the internet qualifies for such reasonable justification. Don't worry, that job at the local gas station will be waiting for you after the dust settles.

Oh nevermind--it's all so ridiculous.

|
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?



Mailbox
Respond if you wish.
Boiled Meat Home